From:
Judith Turner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2007 11:19:06 -0700
The cake idea is still a great idea -- perhaps one in
the shape of a special landmark or object.  Check with
your public health dept. on the best way to extinguish
the candles, if you can't find self-extinguishing
ones.

In conjunction with the above, and for a more lasting
impact, contact local celebs, dignitaries, notables or
whomever, and ask them to send congratulatory letters
and telegrams that you can mount for display and/or
reproduce in a anniversary booklet.

Ask local schools to have their students send birthday
letters and handmade cards that can be put on display.

Do an oral history interviewing former staff and board
members and other interested folks sharing their
memories of your organization.

If you charge admission, find a sponsor who will pay
for a free day on the date of the anniversary.

I wouldn't be too concerned about stealing thunder
from the 75th anniversary celebrations -- five years
is a long time, except perhaps for the staff who are
organizing the event.  Look at the 70th a test of
activities that can be incorporated/omitted from the
75th celebration.

Judy Turner
Whitefish Bay, WI

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265