From:
"Glenn A. Walsh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 08:04:50 -0800
In the 1980s, Pittsburgh's original Buhl Planetarium
and Institute of Popular Science [1939-1991] tried a
science-fiction movie weekend, where we ran several
old and classic science-fiction films.

The primary problem we had was gaining an audience.
There are two major museum areas in Pittsburgh, the
Lower North Side [where the original Buhl Planetarium
is located] and Oakland [which also includes 3
universities and the major hospitals].

Had Buhl Planetarium been located in Oakland, and
could draw on the college students from the three
universities, this movie weekend probably would have
been a major success. However, with Buhl Planetarium
being on the other side of town, we were not able to
draw as many students or other people.

So, you need to look at your market area to determine
how many people you could realistically draw to a
weekly movie night.

gaw

--- Hayes Scriven <[log in to unmask]>