From:
Julia Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 13:37:43 -0500
"Name" schools often have better alumni networks that can help you get
job leads.  I know my undergrad college has a serious "old girls
network" (it is a well-respected women's college) that you can mine, and
some of its members will automatically put in a good word for you simply
because you went to that school.  "Name" grad programs often get job
announcements before they are released publicly, and pass them on to
their alums first.  But typically you cannot rely on your grad school to
do much for you beyond helping you get that first job. After that, as
Deb says, you are on your own.

Julia Muney Moore
Public Art Administrator
Blackburn Architects, Indianapolis, IN
(317) 875-5500 x219   please note new extension!