From:
Erik Heikkenen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:27:54 -0700
I would agree...who deems and maintains the list of "unethical companies?"
I have personal approached tobacco companies for donations related to
exhibitions.  They were very accommodating and very generous with their time
and donations.  If you are concerned about your membership or audience's
disapproval, run it by your Board of Directors and your museum staff.  Come
to a general consensus as to what will be acceptable for your institution.

I would caution those that paint certain industries and business sectors
with such a broad "unethical brush.”  After all, the federal government
administers and funds the Department of Defense.  Would you refuse federal
funding because you are opposed to warfare?

Erik J. Heikkenen