From:
CA Assoc of Museums <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:51:56 -0800
Hi Margaret,

We have just published our 2006 California Museum Salary Survey, which has
job descriptions for both of those positions.
Here they are:

REGISTRAR: Responsible for creating, organizing and maintaining orderly
forms, legal documents, files and retrieval systems associated
with the following: acquisitions, accept, cataloging, loans, packing,
shipping, inventory, storage and insurance. Coordinates all aspects
of borrowing and lending objects, including making shipping arrangements,
arranging for security, handling customs procedures,
processing requests for rights and reproductions.

ASSISTANT REGISTRAR: Assists Registrar in responsibilities.

The full list is available on our Salary Survey publication order form:
http://www.calmuseums.org/e-news/PublicationOrderForm.pdf.

Christine Bennett, Program Assistant
California Association of Museums
P.O. Box 1455, Santa Cruz, CA 95061-1455
Located at the Seymour Marine Discovery Center
Office #: 831-471-9970 / FAX #: 831-471-9381
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website: www.calmuseums.org
2007 CAM CONFERENCE

February 21-24, 2007 in Long Beach