Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Julia Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2006 10:46:27 -0400
Despite numerous assertions in writing that a 2-day outdoor art fair I
helped manage was a "rain or shine" event, once we had to shut down the
fair to the public for the 2nd day because of heavy rain, extreme mud
and high water which had the potential for public harm.  (the first day
the fair went on as planned despite a little rain; the big rain came
overnight)  We had to deal with the issue of refund requests from both
artists and advance-ticketed visitors.  We did not issue refunds to the
artists, because they got one selling day out of the weekend, but if the
ticketed visitor complained strenuously we did issue them a refund.  We
lost a lot of artists who didn't apply back the next year, so that's a
potential repercussion to consider if you don't offer refunds.

Julia Muney Moore
Public Art Administrator
Blackburn Architects, Indianapolis, IN
(317) 875-5500 x230