From:
David Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2006 07:51:48 -0700
Trevor,

Here is a resource that may be of interest (Goggle is my best friend!)

www.scottishironwork.org/documents/tg12.pdf

I would concur with the word "Anchor" but I suspect that it is a more
recent term and there is probably a more accurate traditional or
historic term for it, as there is a wealth of such terms especially in
the traditional trades. Try contacting someone who is veryu
knowledgable about historic architectural ironwork in the UK, and
there are also some historic publications (especially from the 19th
century) that may be of some utility.

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey