From:
Rebecca Fitzgerald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 17:09:08 -0500
I have owned a D70 for a couple of years and absolutely love the camera.
Since I bought mine the Nikon D50 was introduce and is currently rated as
the best amateur digital SLR by several photography and electronics
magazines. It will use any Nikon lens and will be fully automatic with
Nikon's digital lens. This camera will give you the megapixels that large
format printing require (for exhibits and the like), and flexibility for all
kinds of tasks. Plus, in its auto modes it's a point and shoot for the real
beginners.

No matter what camera you buy you should consider an external flash. You
should also consider building/buying a light box. Basically you build a box
that is completely white inside. Photographing articles in a light box
avoids shadows and gives you truer colors. Several are available ready made,
and I've seen plans for building them out of PVC pipe and cloth.

Becky Fitzgerald