Date:
Tue, 2 May 2006 12:05:42 -0400
from the ICOM Code of Ethics for Museums:

8.12 Gifts, Favours, Loans, or Other Personal Benefits

Museum employees must not accept gifts, favours, loans, or other
personal benefits that may be offered to them in connection with their
duties for the museum. Occasionally professional courtesy may include
the giving and receiving of gifts but this should always take place in
the name of the institution concerned.