From:
Carrie Hoover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2006 15:51:45 -0400
Mandy, Being a horse enthusiast myself here is what I would suggest.

I would contact the International Horse Museum at the Kentucky Horse Park.
Most likely they have harnesses in their collections and have handled proper
storage, care, and preservation issues.  Below is their contact information:

Kentucky Horse Park
International Museum of the Horse
4089 Iron Works Parkway
Lexington, Kentucky 40511
Phone (859) 233-4303, Toll Free (800) 678-8813
Fax (859) 254-0253

Also according to the Carriage Association of America (www.caaonline.com),
Wyoming has several other museums that have carriages and harnesses in their
collections.  Perhaps they could be of assistance as well.

Buffalo Bill Historical Center
2 carriages, 2 chuck wagons, passenger wagons, sheepwagon, roundup or
freight wagon, mail coach, 2 light coaches, yellowstone excursion coach,
plow, dredge, driving harness, draft harness, coach harness, hames, bells,
whips, jacks, grease buckets, chain brakes
720 Sheridan Avenue
Box 1000
Cody, WY 82414
Phone: 307-587-4771

Cheyenne Frontier Days Old West Museum
132 horse-drawn vehicles
4610 N. Carey Ave
P.O. Box 2720
Cheyenne, WY 82003
Phone: 307-778-7290
Fax: 307-778-7288
Website: www.oldwestmuseum.org
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]

Trail Town Museum of the Old West
sleighs, caissons, spring wagons, ice wagons
1831 DeMaris Drive
Cody, WY 82414

I hope this helps.  Let us know what you discover!

Carrie Hoover