From:
David Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:40:16 -0700
Robin,

I looked googled the product and it appears to mainly be used to
absorb and mask bad odors. It doesn't not actually kill mold spores or
remediate mildew or pollution - it just makes the place "smell" nicer.

It appears to be a pretty benign product (ph neutral, biodgradable,
non-toxic) but as a conservator I would hesitate to blow any sort of
material through an air handling system into a whole musuem or
historic house, without doing a much deeper assessment of how this
stuff could affect collections and architectural materials.

If the place doesn't smell bad there is absolutely no reason to use it.

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey
Conservator