From:
Kevin Coffee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:43:19 -0400
I may be guilty of mis-stating.

MP3 files will be compatible across systems.

The connection software running on the iPod is operating system
(Windows or MacOS) specific, and to switch over from one system to the
other requires reinstalling that software on the iPod. (simple, but not
something visitors will want to do since it will erase the existing
contents of their iPod.)

The internet downloading solution is much less problematic for the
museum.

-Kevin