From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 13:04:29 +1200
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS - the international Dinosaur Webzine
with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  Travel guide lists dino-destinations
Drumheller, Alta., home of the Royal Tyrrell Museum, is the "dinosaur
capital of the world," says the new Random House Dinosaur Travel Guide by
Kelly Milner Halls

**  Paleontologists hope new exhibit at The Journey will turn more kids
toward science careers
Three of the country's leading paleontologists, Pete Larson and Neal Larson
of the Black Hills Institute of Geologic Research and Larry Agenbroad of The
Mammoth Site, believe that seeing these fossils will help develop new
scientists

**  Can dassie dung save the planet?
Scientists across the world are turning to ancient faeces - or, as they are
known scientifically, coprolites - for answers about the past

**  Dig in and get your hands dirty
This summer, take a week to yourself to journey through time to the land of
dinosaurs with the EnCana Badlands Science Camp presented by the Royal
Tyrrell Museum in Drumheller

**  Insight into the evolution of avian flight from a new clade of Early
Cretaceous ornithurines from China and the morphology of Yixianornis grabaui
The complex changes in morphology that occurred between the earliest form of
avian flapping flight and the emergence of the flight capabilities of extant
birds remain comparatively little explored
lists. Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  Museum unveils world's largest T-rex skull
The world's largest Tyrannosaurus rex skull, unearthed nearly 40 years ago
in eastern Montana, is now on display at the Museum of the Rockies at
Montana State University in Bozeman

**  Ancient dinosaur eggs leave exhibition visitor fooled
Shopper Yuen Kit-ying, who initially paid little attention to the dinosaur
eggs because she thought they were fakes, was delighted to find they were
genuine

**  Thai Road gang unearths dinosaur fossils
Dinosaur remains were discovered in three large deposits, about 20-30 metres
apart, which were unearthed by backhoes during construction of the Nong Bua
Lam Phu-Udon Thani road in tambon Noan Tan of Nong Bua Lam Phu's Muang
district

**  Fossil eggs come out of their shell
Gerald Grellet-Tinner of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles,
and colleagues used electron and light microscopes to examine fossil eggs of
six species of dinosaur from the Cretaceous

**  Fish that took the first step for mankind
Tiktaalik roseae, which lived about 375 million years ago, is a new species
with features that blur the distinction between fish and terrestrial limbed
creatures, placing it closer to animal life's transition from water to land
than any known fossil

**  Dino Jaws - The Natural History Museum, London

**  Call For Students - Interested in pursuing a career in the earth/life
sciences?

DINOSAURNEWS webzine now read in 80 countries. Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall. Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS: Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus? Put us on your
media database. We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

GET YOUR LOCAL MUSEUM TO ADD our RSS news feed to their web site, at this
address: http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml

What our readers say:

I must say first that I subscribe to your E-mail news letters and read them
voraciously for book ideas. The news blurbs are such a wonderful service to
us dino fanciers!
Christine Gentry - author of 'Mesozoic Murder 'and 'Carnosaur Crimes'

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D., Affiliate Faculty, Idaho Museum of Natural
History