From:
Diane Gutenkauf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 14:51:57 -0500
These drivers are sold by McMaster Carr. Look for "spanner head screws and
drivers." They come in a variety of sizes. Go to their home page and type
spanner head drivers or tamper resistant drivers into the search window.

http://www.mcmaster.com/

If you can't find it at McMaster Carr, try WW Granger

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/start.shtml

Diane Gutenkauf
Business Developer, Museum division
Exhibit Works, Inc
www.exhibitworks.com

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 07:10:22 -0800, Amy Bruning <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Hi Folks,
>  I have an exhibtion fixture (a plexiglass box mounted on a pedestal)
that I am unable to dismantle, because I don't have the proper tool.  It
was made at another site, no one seems to know where, before I was hired.
I would like to purchase, or better  yet borrow, a tool to open this case
so that it can be moved safely to another location in the museum.  Does
anyone have any leads for me to follow on this?  It has a pattern on it
like this: four round holes at the perimeter of the screw head, segmenting
the circle into quarters.. . this sounds like something I would hear on
the Car Guys on NPR!  whirrrrrrrr....
>  thank you.
>

>When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to
everything else in the universe. J. Muir

>Important Subscriber Information:
>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-
faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by
sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The
body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes).

[log in to unmask] . The body of the message should
read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes).