From:
Joyce Cheney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:17:54 -0500
Hmmm. "Glut of Graduates" hit a nerve. Interesting range of responses. The
"hey, quit complaining and accept it" responses don't do it for me. I'm much
more interested in the ones that acknowledged that most current wages aren't
ok - for the employees or the museum - because many excellent people simply
can't afford to enter the field or stay there. I'm glad that business types
are showing up in museum hierarchies. We need them. Interesting ideas
offered in the last few days: educating boards to museum work realities,
requiring that museum academics have work experience in museums, and
unionization-- that last one is out of the box!