From:
Marielle Fortier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:01:15 -0400
Hello, Thank you for everyone who responded on and off list to my comment
about throwing out newspapers after you copy them. I just want to clarify
for the folks that sent me comments off list, I did not create the original
post and I do not believe my institution even has many newspapers in the
collection. Thank you for your concern but I was just wondering about
actually throwing out donations just because they are acidic by nature and
destined to turn to powder. The items I need to worry about in my collection
are things like old gas masks (after reading a post about asbestos used in
them) and our collection of ammuntitions (old grenades, RPG-2 rockets,
cannon balls...the bomb squad has been here a few times to check what we
find and mark it "inert").

Happy friday to everyone...enjoy your weekends.

Marielle

Marielle Fortier
Museum Registrar
Vermont