From:
Prevart GmbH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:55:38 +0200
Shannon Lindridge schrieb:

>Wow, you have quite a challenge! A few questions:
>
>1. How did the flags get into the storage area in the first place?
>

 >> probably rolled or folded and certainly in better condition some
40-50 years ago ... The bad condiotion may also be caused by a fairly
bad support (acidic wooden material) and the air pollution.

>2. Could a window be removed and the flags removed from the second story?
>

 >> No, this is not possible due to the small size of the window and the
fact that there are electric tramway installations just outside the
window that makes it impossible to use a mobile crane on this side of
the building

>3. Or, a wall (I know it is a historic building) removed?
>

 >> perhaps parts of  the roof may be removed during the renovation

>4. What are the current plans for the building you are moving from?  Will
>there be renovations done to the building which would lend an opportunity to
>move the flags during renovations?
>

 >> see above

>I know altering a building to remove a collection is a server option, but it
>sounds as though these flags cannot with stand any other methods. Of course,
>all changes to a historic structure would have to be reconstructed as though
>a removal of a window or wall never happened.
>

 >> Even if we find a solution to move the flags by opening the roof
(which in theis case seems reasonable and feasable) there is still the
chalange to find a way to move the flags horizontally without loosing
fragments during the operation (e.g. by wind).

Joachim