From:
Richard Fields <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 12:47:33 -0700
We have decided at our museum not to accept donations
that have restrictions on them. Our policy is any
earnings from deaccesioned items must be used to add
to the collections. If you accept strings, you can end
up tied in a knot! For example, if in 70 years you
must deaccession them, what if the educational
institution is split into several organizations? Who
gets what? Or what if they want them back? Are you
just long term storage? It is just to unsure for us.
Just my two cents.