Michael Comiskey <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 17:13:35 +0100
Hi all

Yes Mandy, it is "just that bad to have the movie there". The ID people
are not interested in any sort of fair debate. They are pushing a
particular agenda with little to no regard for the truth. Different
viewpoints in a museum are valuable, but how is having a *dishonest*
viewpoint in a museum in any way serving truth?

Any Museum must regard its mission as being truthful to its area of
competence. As it says on the front page of the NMNH web site "The
National Museum of Natural History is dedicated to understanding the
natural world and our place in it." Anyone who examines the ID agenda
with *any* knowledge, of scientific opinion or the scientific method,
will see that ID supporters are not approaching the area of Natural
History in an honest fashion.

The Discovery Institute have scored a political coup with this film show
and just watch, they will exploit it as extensively as possible. Their
sort always do.

Michael Comiskey
Systems Manager
Ulster Museum
Belfast

are addressed. If you receive this email in error please notify
the system manager at [log in to unmask]
National Museums and Galleries of Northern Ireland