From:
Danita Fleck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:20:42 -0700
Grant's Home in Galena, Illinois used to have a large
collection of human hair wreaths.

Perhaps they can provide some advice?

Danita Fleck
Graduate Student - Art History
San Jose State University

--- Elizabeth Walton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

---------------------------------
The best way I can think of off the top of my head
would be to have them in acid free compartments (like
the gaylord trays in box system) so that there is no
tangling, but also the pieces aren't getting smushed
or anything. (a pair of scissors can make the dividers
a bit more changeable in size and shape to accomidate
any super large or odd shapes)

Maybe a little tissue could be put under parts that
need support or they could be put on battling with
washed tyvek over it. For these i think they would be
safer with a little wiggle room than over packing
which could break little hairs. The blueboard would
also give a good background for sight checks for bugs
and such. and as long as they know not to tilt the
boxes the pieces shoudl be pretty safe.

I have found hair jewelry to be surprisingly strong as
long as it isnt being bug food.

Elizabeth Walton