From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:09:00 -0800
Don't you think that sort of stickies up the wicket so
to speak? If you arbitrarily give someone a vacation
day, then--in this litigious era--it stands to reason
you need to well document what qualifies a person for
extra vacation time.  If three of us are working, we
all have the same start date, and one gets an
additional day (on the basis of something subjective),
it can cause problems unless you make the criteria for
extra paid time known and make it possible that all
three could earn the same time.

If it's going to be the policy, then the policy should
be made known, well documented, and available.

I'm not a lawyer, I don't play one on tv, but I have
studied some employment law for a while (informally).

--- Julia Moore <[log in to unmask]>

Indigo Nights