Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 20:11:41 -0400
   I am trying to get caught up on several days' worth of Museum-L posts, so
I am sorry if this came up already and I haven't yet gotten to it, but my
husband forwarded this to me. Has anyone heard anything else about this?
Lynne

OSLO, Norway, April 28 (UPI) -- A Norwegian newspaper claims two Edvard
Munch
paintings stolen from an Oslo gallery last summer have been destroyed.
Quoting criminal sources and a top secret police report, the Dagbladet
reported
the Munch masterpieces "The Scream" and "Madonna" have been incinerated.
The newspaper said the paintings were destroyed to get rid of evidence as
investigators closed in on the culprits behind the robbery.
However, investigation leader Iver Stensrud said he had no knowledge of the
so-
called secret report, Aftenposten reported.
Three people are in custody in the Munch robbery. However, two other
suspects
believed to have actually carried out the robbery are believed to be at
large.