From:
Jay Heuman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:06:00 -0600
Greetings Stephanie:

Short answer to your question: Nope, DEVIN (not David) Nunes has no
professional qualification in the fields of archaeology, historic
preservation, or museum studies.  He has a BS and MS in Agriculture.

Like other Representatives, he has a web site.  Check out the complete
biography of this farmer-turned-politician at:

    http://www.nunes.house.gov/biography.htm

My assumption about his motivation: By not requiring developers from
investigating historically significant remains on land it (1) saves money
and (2) saves time.  Isn't the contemporary Republican way to remove
barriers to efficient business at the expense of history, culture,
education, etc.?  (OOPS!  Was that a low blow?  *smirk*)

Best wishes, sincerely,

Jay Heuman, Curator of Education
Salt Lake Art Center
20 South West Temple