From:
Michelle Zupan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 11:12:05 -0500
Erin,

One solution we used in Golden, Colorado was not to share docents, but to
share groups.  There were 3 or 4 museums and historic sites within walking
distance (1-2 blocks) that participated in this.  When a large class (or an
entire 4th grade) wanted to make a tour reservation, the groups were split
between the institutions (20 kids per site per tour), then rotated the
groups through so that every site had every group in a manageable number.
You could work with the local fire department, the water works, or other
places to set something like this up if there aren't any other museums to
work with.

Michelle