From:
Kim Steffgen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 20:44:54 -0800
Hi, Sharon,

Vacuum cleaners is a subject very dear to me.  : )

When my little Eureka finally conked out after more than 15 years
(actually it still works; just falling apart) I began an extensive hunt
and consumer research project for the perfect cannister vacuum that
didn't cost a fortune. I personally cannot stand uprights (way too
cumbersome) and could only find incredibly expensive cannisters. This
little quest lasted nearly a year until...I came upon the Samsung Quiet
Vac!  It's wonderful. It has suction control on both the wand and the
case. The filtration is as good as HEPA, the  hose swivels, the feet are
on ball casters so it glides smoothly, and it really is relatively
quiet. There are a few annoying features like, the suction control tends
to slide open, on both ends, so I have to check it constantly, and the
plastic seems a tad thin so I'm always worried about it breaking. But so
far nothing untoward has happened. The best part is, is cost me only
about $100!  Then, even more good news. The store where I bought the
vacuum originally no longer carries my model.and I couldn't find the
bags anywhere locally. But, after examining the last bag I had, I
realized that any cannister bag, like the Eureka bags, might fit just
fine. They do, and they are so much less expensive.

So, that's my recommendation.

Good luck!

Kim Steffgen
Freelance Writer