From:
Jillian Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 19:07:16 -0500
Hi,

I work for the Historic District Commission in Lowell MA and I also am the
Operations Manager at the Loring-Greenough House (built in 1760) in Jamaica
Plain MA. While I have not personally had to do any fundraising for this
type of project, I've certainly attended several fundraising sessions at
conferences and raised money for other things. One main thing that has
stuck out in my mind has been outreaching to organizations you wouldn't
normally think of. Make connections for them....have a Boy Scout troop come
out and get interested, contact local historical societies, contact
genealogical organizations in the area, men's clubs, veteran's groups (if
there can be a connection made to one of the wars), have a realtor sponsor
an event at the house....and the list goes on. Hope this helps.

Jillian Adams