Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 2004 09:56:42 -0600
here's what i'd like to pose to the group: have any of your institutions
gone from a fee-based admission to a donation only?  its an idea we're
toying with, based on two assumptions (which in turn are based on a gut feel
from experience, rather than history).  Those that are likely to come and
pay the full admission, which right now is $7 for adults and $5 for kids,
will go ahead and make a 'suggested donation.'  those that walk up and feel
its too much to pay are at least likely to come in, at which point we have
an opportunity in the gift shop and the cafe to make some money.

we're a small institution, seeing right now about 300 general public a
month.  the other museums in town, which are even smaller, charge no
admission (with the exception of the science center - whose admission price
we match).

any ideas?

Jeff Courtman
Project Manager