From:
"Mary L. Kirby" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 08:15:11 -0600
CMS Sebby

While checking with the folks at PastPerfect, you may want to investigate
the network feature. We had the network at the Historic Upshur Museum when I
left. The volunteer who helped most was in her 70s and had never used a
computer before being exposed to PastPerfect. We got very basic data
(collection source, accession number, size, type, basic description) entered
on 11,500 photographs in 2 years. While she worked on entering that data, I
worked on a network going in to the data base areas entering unique sort
terms appropriate to each, and after we got a scanner for 8X10 glass
negatives, over 1000 images scanned and transfered by thumbprint to PP.

Her complaint about the second station was that its wireless connection was
slow. That was really only apparent during save times and somewhat with the
photo transfers.

With network capapcity, you might could utilize volunteers at other
locations as well depending upon your requirements.

Built into the program is a whole separate section for loans in and loans
out which you might choose to use. Or just use the AMIS numbers in the
assession no slot.

Contact Brian and crew!!

Mary Kirby