From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 19:23:06 +1300
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS -  the international Dinosaur
Webzine with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  Dino Debut
University of Utah researchers found a potentially new type of hadrosaur, or
duck-billed dinosaur, in 2001 deep inside Grand Staircase-Escalante National
Monument

**  Other Fossil News: 'Living fossils' found years after being feared
extinct
The crustaceans from the Triassic period, which pre-date dinosaurs, were
thought to have been wiped out in Scotland decades ago.

**  Dinosaur park plan scrapped
Developers behind the proposed $10 million Magic Canyon dinosaur theme park
are apparently looking elsewhere, if they're still looking to build their
park at all.

**  Dinosaur Exhibit at Georgia Southern
"There are fossils where the eggs were arranged in a circular pattern with a
skeleton, presumably the parent, kind of sprawled over the top of the eggs"
dinomail lists. Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  First ever Mideast dinosaur park
Using five giant glass domes, one of which is an actual
temperature-controlled bio-dome, the planet Earth will be portrayed in three
eras: the beginning of time, the peak of the dinosaur era, and the
extinction of dinosaurs

**  Museum repairs restaurant's broken dinosaur
The "Mangiasaurus Rex" stood atop a Central Texas restaurant on constant
watch, until someone pushed it off the roof

**  Dig finds more dinosaur bones
Mr Elliot says some 30 bones were found this time, mostly from juvenile
dinosaurs, making the total bone collection for the year about 50

**  Tiny dinosaur or new species?
Although it is only a third of a metre long, it resembles a dinosaur that
lived in the Cretaceous Period.

**  D.E.I.: Can They Crack the Case?

**  Results of the International Contest of Dinosaur Illustration 2004 (ICDI
2004). The first prize goes to Brazil.

DINOSAURNEWS  webzine now read in 80 countries.  Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall.   Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org
SEND US YOUR NEWS:  Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus?  Put us on your
media database.  We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

What our readers say:

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D.,  Affiliate Faculty,  Idaho Museum of Natural
History

First of all I would like to tell you how much I enjoy reading  Dinosaurnews
each week.. Immensely appreciated....
Phil Rutledge, The Grace Museum