From:
"Hiller, Rebecca Eileen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 11:22:20 -0600
It has been a few years since I was there but as I recall the Wisconsin Historical Society has a set of imagers that are specifically for books--to protect bending the binding too much.  You actually place the book upright in a cradle type contraption so that the binding is not stressed.  I do not know the brand name but I am sure that if you contact them they would give you the information.

As a side note...they also just recently created an educational program and imaged thousands of pages for the web.  I think the site is www.americanjourneys.org .  For anyone interested in American History, young and old, it is a very enjoyable resource.

Becca