Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 12:17:47 -0500
If your wanting to see what the cost of some relatable material would be in
the commercial world, gettyimages.com has a pricing structure for selling
their images.  Log on to their site and pick a shot that may be comparable to
the image the company you are working with are wanting to use (or some other
product shot).  Perhaps then you could get an idea of what the rights to the
image is worth.

If they are photographing the object(s) perhaps you can talk to a local
photographer and ask what they would charge for the shot.  If you can get a
copy of the final product (each object shot), you could subtract the
reproduction rights established by GettyImages from the cost of the company
photographing the objects (plus any discount you want to give them).

reproduction rights for each object
-minus
cost of each object photographed

might be a good place to start.