From:
Christian Trabue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 2004 07:38:27 -0700
Matt-
There are reasonable hotels in London but the
Kensington area is expensive.  There are numerous bed
and breakfasts in that area and they tend to cost less
than hotels.
Having said that, I think you should check out a hotel
called The Cranley.  It is located just off Gloucester
Road in Kensington.  When I resided in London, I lived
a couple of doors down from this hotel.  My family
would stay there when they came to visit.  The
experience was always very good.  The rooms are
furnished with antiques.  Everything is very updated
and air conditioning is available if there is ever a
hot day (you never know in August)  In the afternoon
they offer complimentary English tea and scones with
clotted cream. At night aperitifs and canapes are
offered.  The hotel is near Hyde Park, Royal Albert
Hall and Kings Road.  I used to enjoy walking the 2 or
so miles to the Victoria and Albert Museum and
Harrods. The website lists prices but whenever my
friends or family came I used to call and get a better
rate.
I hope this helps.  The website is www.thecranley.com
-Christian Trabue