Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Deb Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 09:52:05 -0700
--- Paul McCoy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>   Hangers were not widely in use.  People used wardrobes or chests.

But the wardrobes I've seen have hooks in them or rods for presumably, hangers.

> I've heard all of these, and I would venture that each are true at least to
> an extent.  The only one I don't buy en masse is the "less stuff" theory.  It
> just doesn't add up with photographic documentation.

Well less stuff is debatable but they definitely had less clothing than we do
today. (I probably own more pairs of shoes than Queen Elizabeth I. :)

Isn't there a passage in "Pride and Prejustice" where the vicar (who married
Charlotte and who's name I can't remember) went on and on about the generosity
of his patroness because his parsonage had several closets?

Deb