From:
Christian Carr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:17:02 -0500
Dear all--

I am posting this for my colleagues in the biology department at Sweet Briar
College; please reply off-list to Linda Fink ([log in to unmask]) if you have any
cases you would consider offering for sale.
We are in the fortunate position of upgrading our natural history
collection, and are interested in obtaining two Lane Zoology specimen
cabinets (double door, 46-1/2 x 42-1/2 x 28) with or without the
associated trays.  We are looking for two cabinets that will hold large
trays, or one for large trays and one with a center divider for small
trays.

Our bird skin collection is anchored by more than 700 specimens
from the western U.S. and Canada collected by natural history
illustrator Walter A. Weber in the 1920's-1950's.  Weber worked for the
Field Museum in the late 1920's, the U.S. National Museum in the 1940's,
and the National Geographic Society in the 1950's-60's.  A FileMaker Pro
database for this collection is available.

Please contact me if your institution has used cabinets in good
condition, with price information.

Linda Fink
Department of Biology
Sweet Briar College