From:
Jenny Rebecca Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:48:40 -0500
On the one hand, I can understand the feeling of one's hands being tied by
small size, small-town politics, and what have you.

On the other, however, I find it hard to believe that if more than one
person is aware of the problem, nothing can be done.  The motivating factors
that have been named -- whether one acts in the name of liability or common
compassion -- far outweigh the reasons to simply let it lie.  For both the
museum's sake and the woman's in question, not to mention the number of
lives that could potentially be saved were she to cause an accident or
something of the such, something needs to be done.  A number of people have
provided excellent points on this.

I don't mean to sound overly critical or naive, but sometimes the right or
best thing isn't the popular or politically correct thing to do.  Good
luck --

The opinions the author expresses are strictly her own and not that of her
employer's.

Jenny Rebecca Martin, Collections Manager
The Morris Museum                      Phone: 973.971.3712
6 Normandy Heights Road                Fax: 973.538.0154
Morristown, NJ 07960                   Email [log in to unmask]