From:
"Rogers, Jennifer C" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:12:19 -0600
Hi Lisa,

     I am currently doing research on traveling exhibits for my thesis and there are several traveling exhibits I have located that fit the small museum budget.

One is the Bell Museum of Natural History. They have exhibits between $400 - $1000 dollars and of good quality.
http://www.bellmuseum.org/travel_exhibits.html

I also recommend TRACKS from the Oklahoma Humanities Council. This one has more cultural artifacts.
http://www.okhumanitiescouncil.org/tracks.html

Florida Museum of Natural History:
http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/exhibits/traveling.htm

Art On Tour:
http://www.arthousetexas.org/artontour/index.html

Check out this quick link for more traveling exhibit services:
http://www.arts.state.tx.us/touring/links.asp?pi=119

If you want more, AAM has a "Guid to Organizers of Traveling Exhibitions: 2003 edition." All services listed are nationally serving traveling exhibits. The problem is you have to weed through to find the services for small museums. Hope this helps. If you need more information, just let me know.

Jennifer Rogers

Graduate Assistant, Mayborn Museum Complex at Baylor University