From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 13:54:06 -0700
The problem with these nasty varmints is there are two
types of varmints:

o  Viruses that come embedded in attachments.  Don't
open those, and you should be ok--maybe.

o  Worms, which you don't have to open the attachment.
 I think, if you simply open their email, poof if you
don't have virus protections.

Someone far more geeky . . . er techy (hey Roy Boy) .
. . could probably explain it better than I.

But these things are a righteous pain, and somebody
(as in a bunch of you in the university sector if you
believe the addresses) don't have your virus
protections in place.

This morning, someone was pinging the heck out of my
computer.  I suspect it's related to these other
critters.

Remember way back in the dark ages when you walked
five miles in the snow to school and computers were
safe and fun to play with?

Sheesh.

It becomes a full-time job just making sure you have
the latest protections for virus/worm and firewall.

A pox on all these slimey, scummy, pissant pirates!

--- John Martinson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Harry,
>
> I view my message on screen in my "Inbox" without
> opening them.  If I am
> interested
> in the posting/message, I open it only then.  It is
> a split screen (emails
> on top and
> the message below) and seems to save the hassel of
> unwanted virus and/or
> worms.
>
> When I also send something out, especially from
> another posting.  I cut and
> past it.....
> taking only the text.  Most times, too, I do an
> automatic delete at the end
> of each
> sentence/paragraph, to make sure nothing is hidden.
>  Maybe, I'm doing to
> much.
>
> Thanks for the news!
>
> John

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a Job?  Try Got Links?, Your One-Stop Portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414