From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 12:59:39 -0700
I accept Mr. Burlakoff's apology and look forward to
discussing matters with him, as a group member, in a
harmonious manner.

We may not see eye to eye about a number of issues,
but then that could be true about any given ten people
on a list of 4,500, or however many we comprise these
days.

Thanks to my colleague, Jim Roberts, for his prompt.

Let us hope that all future flame wars--and given the
nature of email and the fact that we cannot visibly
see intent beyond everything written, there will be
some--are ended as swiftly as this was.

Thanks to our moderator, John Chadwick, for speaking
to matter quickly.

Thanks to you all for your patience.

And now, I pray, the subject is closed.

EXCEPT: On a serious notes, does any one know if the
flood gates of spam reopened?  I know that something
like 20 major servers were taken offline--with others
rerouted to porn sites--to preclude the spread of the
virus, but I noticed in my bulk folder, there were
another 30 attempts with masked--list
member--addresses.  I've deleted them all, but I'm
wondering if there is activity again.

--- Nicholas Burlakoff <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
> At the risk of starting another round of
> non-productive postings, I would
> like to address some issues raised by Mr. Roberts.
>
> First, I would like to apologize to anyone
> distressed by my attempt at
> warning them of what I perceived as a new spam
> attack. My intent was to
> limit possible frustration from what I saw (and had
> no reason not to see as
> such) as uninvited invasion of my privacy, and by
> extension, possible
> invasion of the privacy of other list members.  So
> much for good intentions.
>
> I would also like to thank those who took the
> trouble to explain in a
> temperate manner the totality of the situation and
> made a good case, that
> the most likely reason for my receiving uninvited
> information from MuseJobs
> was a series of inexplicable glitches. I am
> particularly indebted to those
> who took the trouble to contact me off list to make
> a convincing case the
> individual behind the persona of Indigo Night is a
> good person-one that
> could be a friend. Unfortunately, that is not the
> persona that I have
> experienced to date.
>
> Given a fuller picture I must admit that it was
> inappropriate to accuse
> MuseJobs and Indigo Night of spamming, and for that
> I accept responsibility.
> That picture, however, was not available at the
> time.  Similarly, the flurry
> of angry and abusive postings did nothing to
> enlighten the situation.
> nburlakoff

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a Job?  Try Got Links?, Your One-Stop Portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414