From:
Audra Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 16:58:23 -0400
>>> [log in to unmask] 09/09/03 09:31AM >>>
wrote:  Good question. Although, I must caution friends in the non-profit world that even though they may have the right to call anyone doing so to someone who placed their number on the list is an invitation to enmity. Any wise development/marketing person will avoid the no-call numbers like the plague.
People who take the trouble of placing their number(s) on a government list are really fed up with any uninvited calls. My understanding is that all
polls and surveys, even commercial ones, are exempt.
nburlakoff

I'm going to disagree with the above sentiments --

I am not necessarily the norm but ...   My name is on the no call list to get rid of telephone solicitors that I have not invited to call me. The prime example of this at my home is the debt consolidation services.  I welcome polls and surveys and seldom get calls from legitimate charities.  I feel that public opinion polls are useful and legitimate tools; I love marketing surveys because I can, without lying, really mess them up as I use very little Madison Avenue product and my personal demographics enhance this. On the other hand, if I do use a product and like it, I tend to turn into a promoter -  I like saying what I like about something I do use.