From:
Kelley Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 14:05:54 -0500
You are right in that direct light can wash out colors.  One way to avoid
this is to reflect the light off of something.  For instance have to light
shining against a white wall or board behind the image.  Or use something
even more reflective like tinfoil.  Mainly just watch your direct light
because that is where you can also get your intensity.

You might also get a light meter and make a note of the candles that you
have in and around the piece.  That way you can put it in your installation
notes.

Hope this helps.

Kelly Bennett
Chief Preparator