From:
Nicholas Burlakoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 10:00:24 -0400
At the risk of starting another round of non-productive postings, I would
like to address some issues raised by Mr. Roberts.

First, I would like to apologize to anyone distressed by my attempt at
warning them of what I perceived as a new spam attack. My intent was to
limit possible frustration from what I saw (and had no reason not to see as
such) as uninvited invasion of my privacy, and by extension, possible
invasion of the privacy of other list members.  So much for good intentions.

I would also like to thank those who took the trouble to explain in a
temperate manner the totality of the situation and made a good case, that
the most likely reason for my receiving uninvited information from MuseJobs
was a series of inexplicable glitches. I am particularly indebted to those
who took the trouble to contact me off list to make a convincing case the
individual behind the persona of Indigo Night is a good person-one that
could be a friend. Unfortunately, that is not the persona that I have
experienced to date.

Given a fuller picture I must admit that it was inappropriate to accuse
MuseJobs and Indigo Night of spamming, and for that I accept responsibility.
That picture, however, was not available at the time.  Similarly, the flurry
of angry and abusive postings did nothing to enlighten the situation.
nburlakoff