From:
Traci Langworthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 22:26:41 -0400
Hello all kind readers!

I am a trustee for a small historical society in upstate NY and we would
like to put together at least a somewhat professional-looking exhibit (our
first, really) as part of our activities for our town's bicentennial next
summer. We have only a limited number of objects in our young collection
which relate to the town's earliest history, but we would still like to
create some sort of visual narrative with the help of some text panels and
enlarged photos/graphics/maps telling the story of the first years
of "settlement" before the town became incorporated. We want to have a
somewhat portable result that we could take to a permanent home in the
future (we are in a temporary space right now) or move to different
community venues if the opportunity arises. But we do not have a lot of
money to invest in "trade show" display systems or fabricated designs.
Would anyone be willing to suggest some options we might consider either in
the way of affordable materials and mounting techniques we could do
ourselves (with the help of graphics people, as needed) or some inexpensive
material suppliers? Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks very much,
Traci Langworthy
Sheridan Historical Society, NY