From:
Larnie Fox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:38:31 -0800
The City of Palo Alto’s Children’s Fine Arts Program is looking for
computer art teachers for after-school classes and workshops at the Palo
Alto Art Center. We want accomplished digital artists with proven
classroom management skills. Local artists preferred for after-school
classes. Please pass this along to any qualified person.

The pay is $22.50 per teaching hour for after-school classes and $25.00
per hour for workshops, plus ten minutes of prep time per class.

We need teachers for the following after-school classes:

Web Weaving with Dreamweaver™
This powerful yet easily-learned software enables students to create
their own exciting web sites quickly. Emphasis will be on creative use
of text, graphics, animation and hyper-links. Instructor: Staff
Session 8 classes 1/21-3/18* $108 ($98 res) 12max
CFA475-1W Tue 3:20-4:40pm 9-14 yrs Art Center
*no class 2/18

Introduction to Computers through Digital Art
Introductory class for digital art that gently teaches basic computer
skills with fun lessons that incorporate art. Plenty of hands-on,
individualized attention. Instructor: Staff
Session 8 classes 1/31-3/21 $108 ($98 res) 12max
CFA474-1W Fri 3:20-4:40 pm 8-12 yrs Art Center

We need a teacher for the following workshop:

PhotoShop™ Intensive (New)
The computer is a marvelous tool to create beautiful illustrations,
designs and photos. Teens will work on fast PCs and learn design skills
and PhotoShop™ techniques. Instructor: Staff
Session 5 classes 3/24-3/28 $92 ($82 res) 12max
CFA945-1W Mon-Fri 1:30-3:30pm 12-18 yrs Art Center

Our summer computer workshops for older kids are called digital
intensives. They run Monday through Friday for one week and usually meet
for three hours each day. Most artists teach one or two digital
intensives per summer.

In our recent history, we have offered workshops and classes in Zines,
Web Design, Digital Arts and Crafts, Sound Design, Animation, Digital
Photography and many other titles.

We are currently accepting proposals for Digital Intensives.

We are also looking for a few teaching painters, sculptors, etc., for
week-long summer workshops, and for pre-school art teachers.

Please email your resume and/or or class proposals to:

All positions open until filled.

Please reply to:

Larnie Fox

 Children's Fine Arts