From:
Mary Agnes Beach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 14:54:24 -0500
Our art museum took into its collection in the fifties and sixties several
plasters from a sculptor who never had these cast presumably for lack of
funds.  They are figurative images and very well done but the plasters are
not attractive as they are extremely soiled and not showable.  These
plasters are rather large and taking up a lot of the valuable space in our
art vault. Have any art museums that you know of taken this sort of thing
into thier collections as anything other than interesting material to tell
the story of how the finished work was done?  Any recommendations from
curators or collection managers particulary would be so helpful.  Many
thanks and feel free to write to me off-list at