From:
Susan Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:35:13 -0700
Brigham Young University Museum of Art is proud to announce a groundbreaking facility for public access to our collection of more than 16,500 objects.  Images & information about collections, exhibitions & educational programs & materials can now be accessed instantly through the TMS database (The Museum System), via eMuseum on our website www.byu.edu/moa.  Working for less than a month, we are now up and live, thanks to the efforts of the Gallery System team & our own in-house student web page designer.

Developed by Gallery Systems (http://gallerysystems.com), the eMuseum application provides web-based access to our collection information held in a TMS database.  Information is accessible to eMuseum users on a read-only basis using a standard web browser.  The records are derived directly from the Museum’s TMS database which allows us to keep all information current & up-to-date.

The design of eMuseum is clear, easy-to-use & includes various options for searching & for displaying objects.  Visitors to the MOA website will be able to search the collection by artist, title of work, date, medium, subject matter or ‘other’.  eMuseum allows visitors to access areas of the collection that have not been available to the public until now.  Additionally, the Museum’s exhibition pages are now published from TMS using eMuseum, allowing visitors to search information on current, future & past exhibitions.  As we update exhibitions information in TMS, the changes immediately appear on our website through eMuseum.

We are thrilled to have the management capabilities of TMS and eMuseum.  The more efficient use of time is only one of many improvements we expect to enjoy with this system.  It's a bonus that our web patrons are now able to access our collections for their own research & enjoyment.

Our experience with the Gallery Systems team has been positive from the get go!  We have been VERY pleased with their friendly, efficient & helpful people . . . we just can’t say enough good about them.

Feel free to call me if you have any questions about our new updated website & be sure to visit www.byu.edu/moa.

Sincerely,

Sue Thompson

Sr. Registrar