From:
Michael Wurtz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 19:10:28 -0400
Thank you for places to find the history of Museum design.  For those of
you that are interested, this is what I found.  I have not actually looked
at these titles (I’m about to go to Inter-Library Loan to get them) so I
cannot tell you anything about them.

Michael Wurtz
Sharlot Hall Museum, Prescott, Arizona
www.sharlot.org

1.Museums in Motion
2.Destination Culture by Barbara Kirshenblatt Gimblett
3.Museum Masters by Edward Alexander
4.Power Of Display: A History Of Exhibit Installation At The Museum Of
Modern Art by staniwzewski
5.Reinventing Africa by Annie Coombes
or books by Susan Pearce
or old issues of the design magazines.

I ran "Museums in motion" through Google and found this site of a Museum
Bibliography
http://projects.prm.ox.ac.uk/kent/misc/biblimus.html.

However, it was not coming up today. argh!