From:
"Brian D. Bisbee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 14:07:40 -0600
Hi Amy,

My museum teaches a public workshop on this topic a couple of times
each year as part of our "Preservation Technology" series.  The
software that we've been using in class is Collectify MyStuff
(www.collectify.com).  Retail price is $99.95.

MyStuff is very powerful, customizable, and elegant.   It allows you to
attach as many images as you'd like to any record--heck, it can even
control your scanner or camera via a TWAIN interface.  It does require
a bit of effort to learn to use all the software's features, but while
you're learning there are plenty of wizards to step you through common
functions.

Hope this helps,
Brian D. Bisbee

On Monday, January 13, 2003, at 12:30  PM, Amy Duke wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> One of our board members is seeking advice on collection management
> software for her verious personal collections.  Any suggestions for
> simple,
> economical, user-friendly software for this purpose? (that also allows
> the
> user to import and attach images to each record?)  Feel free to
> contact me
> directly at [log in to unmask] or post to the list.  Many thanks and
>
> Best regards,
>
> Amy Duke
> Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art
> 4420 Warwick Blvd.
> Kansas City, MO 64111
> 816.753.5784

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message

Brian D. Bisbee, Assistant Curator of Information Technologies
Illinois State Museum -- Research & Collections Center
1011 E. Ash St., Springfield, IL 62703
Phone: (217) 557-6093 -- Fax: (217) 785-2857