From:
"McDell, Debora" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:55:55 -0400
Elizabeth,
The Memorial Art Gallery has an advisory committee for a young professionals
group called Young Friends of MAG (YFM). YFM exists to offer young
professional MAG members, with or without young families, opportunities to
enhance their lives by social/professional networking and to experience the
arts in environments that are Fun, Entertaining, Engaging, and Educational.
The advisory committee served as a resource for creative energy and talent
for coming up with ideas to increase awareness about the museum and YFM
programs, support fundraising, and identify potential partners in the
community. All advisory committee members are members of the museum and one
benefit they receive is free admission to most YFM events...since they
usually work as a volunteer at the event. They usually meet once a month and
subcommittees for special events meet as often as necessary. There isn't
much interaction between the YFM advisory committee and our board, but the
museum's board of managers is given an update on YFM happenings by the staff
liaison at regularly scheduled board meetings. If you'd like, I can send
more information directly to you (vs. the museum discussion list).

--Debora

Debora McDell
Coordinator of Community Programs and Outreach
Memorial Art Gallery
500 University Avenue
Rochester, NY 14607
Phone: (585) 473-7720, x3034