From:
Julie Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 09:44:39 -0500
Check our website (link under my signature) and click on "exhibits" under
the ENGAGE heading.  At the bottom of the exhibits page there is a link to
our on-line (.pdf) Educator Resource Guide for a show we did almost 2 yrs
ago.  We still get requests for it even though the exhibition is long
gone--so I guess it's useful.  It's geared for middle- and high-school
level. I also have a few print copies left of ERG's we did for 2 other
exhibitions long ago, one for a show about festivals of thanksgiving and the
Jewish festival of Sukkot and one for a project involving artists of the
African diaspora.  Let me know privately if you want them and I will try to
hunt them down.  Since we don't have a permanent collection and all our
shows are temporary, we only produce these occasionally when the impact of
the show warrants it--I am already working on one for the fall of 2003 for
our project of several exhibitions collectively entitled "Religion,
Spirituality and the Object."

Posting them in .pdf format on our website has drastically decreased the
cost of producing these materials--most teachers have access to the Web and
can print their own copies, put them in binders, etc. We rely heavily on our
webmaster in the process of digitally creating them, because he has a great
sense of how people want to access information. We release copyright free of
charge to any teacher wishing to reprint parts of our ERG's or use the pages
for class handouts.

The Getty art education website has fabulous teacher materials and lesson
plans:  http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/

Julia Muney Moore
Director of Exhibitions and Artist Services
Indianapolis Art Center
820 E. 67th St.
Indianapolis, IN  46220
(317) 255-2464 x233