From:
P Boylan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 01:08:55 +0100
Dear Keni:

Since 1971 there has been a recommended international model syllabus/core
curriculum, originally developed by UNESCO and the International Council
of Museums (ICOM). The most recent revision was adopted by ICOM in June
2000, ("Curricula Guidelines for Professional Museum Development").

In relation to established museum studies and related programmes around
the world you will also find much detailed information on their web sites.

The web site of the ICOM International Committee on the Training of
Personnel (ICOM-ICTOP):

        http://www.icom.org/ictop/

has links to the web sites of around 70 courses and centres, plus a link
to the current "Curricula Guidelines", and to a range of museum training
bibliographies and other resources.

If you (or your university or museum) is (or becomes) a member of
AAM-ICOM you could join ICTOP as a benefit of your ICOM membership at no
extra charge.

Patrick Boylan
(Chairperson, ICOM-ICTOP)